NAMASTE+ is a mobility and research cooperation project between the Georg-August Universität Göttingen and 12 Indian Higher Education Partner Institutions. The project is financed by the DAAD and the German Ministry of Education and Research within the Programm “A New PAssage to India”.
NAMASTE+ reinforces a long-term multidisciplinary cooperation with the Indian partner institutions, contributing to the promotion of Indo-German dialogue and exchange in research and higher education through multilateral mobility of researchers, students, and staff.
Through its proposed activities, NAMASTE+ aims to:
- Improve academic skills and competencies, which will prepare researchers, students and staff to assume leadership roles as well as increase the employability of the graduates for the international academia and job market
- Promote sustainability and future cooperation in research and innovation
- Together with the Centre for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS) at the University of Göttingen provide opportunities for women, vulnerable groups as well as socio-economically disadvantaged groups in correspondence to the diversity strategy of UGOE and respecting the Indian government policy in this regard
- Joint development of innovative and high-quality research proposals at PostDoc and academic staff level demonstrating research excellence.
- To provide hands-on training on internationalization processes for managers